How to Turn Off the 2016 Mazda CX-9 Active Driving Display
Mazda’s all-new 2016 CX-9 midsize SUV is finally available, and it offers a wide range of sophisticated features to enhance your driving experience. That said, not all features suit all drivers. One of the more innovative features in the vehicle is the Active Driving Display or Head-Up Display, which projects key vehicle information on the windshield in front of you so that your eyes don’t have to divert as far from the road. Though this is useful, there may be drivers who want to know how to turn off the 2016 Mazda CX-9 Active Driving Display.
First, we’ll show you how you can turn off this feature, but keep in mind that other adjustments can be made to the display that might better suit your needs than completely turning off the system. But, if you want to turn it off, you can do so in three easy steps:
- On your infotainment touchscreen display, selecting the Settings icon from the Home screen.
- Select the AD-Disp tab.
- From here, you should be able to select the Active Driving Display On/Off option to turn off the display completely.
How to Adjust Brightness, Height and Information on the 2016 Mazda CX-9 Active Driving Display
If you enjoy using the Active Driving Display but want to make a few tweaks to suit your driving preferences, you can do so through the same menu. Again, all you need to do is go into Settings through the infotainment Home screen, and then select the AD-Disp tab. From here, you should be able to adjust the following:
- Brightness: The Active Driving Display can adjust its brightness automatically to fit instrument cluster illumination, but you can also choose to control it manually from this screen.
- Height: If the information is projected too high or low on your windshield you can adjust this.
- Information: The default information projected by the Active Driving Display should suit most drivers, but feel free to toggle through other options.
- Rotation: You can also adjust the angle of the Active Driving Display.
As you can see, figuring out how to turn off the 2016 Mazda CX-9 Active Driving Display is easy, but for those who prefer to keep it on, certain adjustments can also be made easily to better fit your preference. Be sure to check back to the Mazda of Lodi blog for more tips and tricks for your Mazda.