We use our smartphone to do more things than ever before, so why wouldn’t you want hands-free access to your favorite features and functions while you’re driving! Fortunately for shoppers looking to stay connected, new 2018 Mazda6 models offer available Android Auto® connectivity. Keep scrolling to learn how to connect and use Android Auto®!
Step-by-Step Guide: Setting up and Using Android Auto® in the New 2018 Mazda6
Before you connect to Android Auto®, sure your smartphone is up-to-date and that you have downloaded the free Android Auto® app from the Google Play store.
- First, make sure your vehicle is in Park and that the parking brake is engaged, and then you will need to connect your smartphone to your vehicle’s USB port (labeled with a smartphone icon) with a high-quality and genuine USB cable.
- Once your device is connected, a prompt will appear on your smartphone and the MAZDA CONNECT™ infotainment screen will prompt you, asking if you’d like to enable Android Auto®. Follow the prompts on your smartphone to enable access.
- Once your smartphone is connected, there are three ways you can access Android Auto®. The easiest way is to press and hold the Home button that is located next to the Commander Knob; the Android Auto® screen will then display on your MAZDA CONNECT™ infotainment screen.
- Another easy way to access the Android Auto® menu is to shift the Commander Knob forward when at the home screen menu. This will highlight the Android icon in the top left corner of the MAZDA CONNECT™ infotainment screen; press down to select the Android Auto® menu.
- The last way access the Android Auto® menu is to navigate to the Applications from the home screen of the MAZDA CONNECT™ infotainment system. Using the Commander Knob, navigate over and select Applications and then Android Auto®.
If you want to toggle between Android Auto® and your MAZDA CONNECT™ system, simply press and hold the Home button near the Commander Knob.