2016 Mazda 3 Safety Features and Rating
Everyone knows Mazda models are a blast to drive, but are they safe? You bet they are. In fact, in the past we’ve examined how the 2016 Mazda 6 and 2016 Mazda CX-5 both earned Top Safety Pick+ safety ratings from the IIHS. Now, the 2016 Mazda 3 safety features and rating have also earned it that same Top Safety Pick+ recognition.
Attaining a Top Safety Pick+ rating is no easy task. It requires a vehicle to earn the highest rating of “Good” in five categories: small overlap front, moderate overlap front, the side, roof strength, and head restraints and seats. It also requires the model to have advanced ratings for available collision-prevention technologies.
2016 Mazda 3 Safety Features and Specs
- Radar Cruise Control with Close Proximity Warning: Designed to make cruise control easier and safer by adjusting the set cruising speed in order to keep a safe distance between you and the vehicle in front of you.
- Smart City Brake Support: Automatically applies the brakes when traveling between 2 and 18 mph when an unavoidable frontal collision is detected.
- Smart Brake Support with Collision Warning: Automatically applies the brakes at speeds of 10 mph or faster if an unavoidable collision is detected.
- Advanced Blind Spot Monitoring: Alerts you to vehicles in your blind spot.
- Lane Departure Warning: At speeds of 44 mph or higher, this system will alert you if it detects you are unintentionally straying from your lane.
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert: Detects and alerts you to vehicles approaching from the side while operating in reverse.
- Adaptive Front-Lighting: Turns the headlight beams to provide improved visibility around corners.
- High Beam Control: Automatically switches from high beams to low beams if it detects an oncoming vehicle or traffic ahead. It will also switch back to high beams once the road ahead is clear.
- Forward Obstruction Warning: Alerts you to obstructions ahead when driving 10 mph or faster, helping you to take action as soon as possible.
With features like these, and a rigid SKYACTIV body, it’s easy to see why the 2016 Mazda 3 safety features and rating earned it a Top Safety Pick+ title. Whether you’re interested in the four-door sedan or the five-door hatchback, you can expect a thrilling and safe driving experience. Feel free to contact us at Mazda of Lodi with any questions on the safety features found in new Mazda models.