Get Better Picture Quality on the Mazda Rear View Camera
Rear view cameras are great. They may seem like an unnecessary amenity, but once you’ve driven with one, you’ll wonder how you ever lived without it. That’s why when they don’t work as drivers might hope, it can be frustrating. Though you’re unlikely to have problems with your Mazda’s rear view camera, you might notice that the video being displayed isn’t clear enough for your viewing needs. Thankfully, there is a way to get better picture quality on the Mazda rear view camera.
There’s a good chance you didn’t even realize the rear view camera display could be adjusted, which is why we’re here to show you how. If the video quality on the screen seems dark or off-color, you should be able to fix it with a few steps on your vehicle’s touchscreen. So, let’s see how it’s done.
How to Adjust the Mazda Rear View Camera
Keep in mind that the instructions presented here are current for the 2016 model year. If you have a different model year that doesn’t seem to fit with the instructions provided, feel free to contact us for assistance or consult your owner’s manual.
- Shift your vehicle into reverse, so that the rear view camera display comes up.
- Select the icon in the shape of two arrows pointing down. You may have to do so using the commander control knob in the center of your console, next to the volume knob. This will display the settings tabs.
- Select the tab that corresponds with the setting you want to change on your rear view camera. You have the option of changing the picture quality through brightness, contrast, tint and color.
- Once you’ve selected the appropriate tab, just use the slider selector to adjust the screen to your preference.
- Once you’re finished making the adjustments, you can close the settings screen by selecting the same icon that opened the menu, only the two arrows will be pointing upward.
That’s it. As you can see, the steps it takes to get better picture quality on the Mazda rear view camera take seconds, helping you receive video quality that works best for you and your environment. For more Mazda tips, be sure to check back to the Mazda of Lodi blog.