How to Replace the Mazda3 Windshield Wiper Blades
The windshield wiper blades on your vehicle don’t last forever. In fact, it can often be a good idea to consider replacing them when the seasons change, once before winter and once when entering the warmer months. Regardless of when you decide to complete this maintenance, however, they will need to be replaced at some point either by yourself or a qualified Mazda service technician. If you prefer to do this at home, however, we’re here to show you how to replace the Mazda3 windshield wiper blades.
Though this guide is specifically for the Mazda3 (current for the 2016 model year), it will likely also work with other Mazda models. If the steps don’t seem to fit with your Mazda, feel free to contact us, schedule a service appointment or consult your owner’s manual for additional assistance.
How to Change the Front Windshield Wipers on the Mazda3
- Raise the wiper arms, starting with the driver’s side first and then the passenger side.
- Locate the clip and open it.
- Slide the blade assembly in the direction toward the vehicle, or in the direction of the arrow shown in the illustration. This will allow you to remove the blade assembly. When doing so, be careful to not allow the wiper arm to smack the windshield, potentially causing damage.
- On the blade assembly, pull the rubber blade out of the blade holder by sliding it down the end. There are also metal stiffeners from each blade rubber, so remove those to.
- Take those metal stiffeners and install them your new blade. Then, take the new blade rubber and insert it into your blade assembly.
- Complete the process by installing the blade assembly in the reverse order it was removed.
How to Change the Rear Window Wiper on the Mazda3
If you drive a Mazda3 5-Door Hatchback model, then you’ll also find a rear window wiper. The process should be similar, but could have some differences.
- On the end of the blade assembly is a cover. Remove it.
- Next, raise the wiper arm. Some may have a stopper that you will need to remove first. If this is the case, consult the illustration on the right.
- Once the wiper arm is raised, rotate the wiper blade to the right to unlock it, and then remove it.
- Just like in steps 4 and 5 above, you’ll need to slide the blade rubber out of the blade holder, remove the metal stiffeners and then place those stiffeners into the new blade. Complete the process by installing the new blade rubber into the blade assembly and then reinstalling the blade assembly.
Chances are, it sounds a little more complicated when reading through the steps than it actually is to complete by hand. But if you have questions on how to replace the Mazda3 windshield wipers, contact us here at Mazda of Lodi. Be sure to check back to the Mazda of Lodi blog for more tips and tricks for your Mazda.