Road Trip Tips in your Mazda Vehicle
If you are planning to take a road trip, it is important to prepare your vehicle inside and out in order to have a successful trip and avoid emergency situations! Following these tips will give you a great start for preparing your Mazda vehicle for a road trip.
Read More: Check out the 2017 Mazda MX-5 Miata RF!
Preparing your Mazda for a Road Trip
The most important part of preparing for a road trip is making sure your vehicle is in good working condition and will be ready to handle the stress of a long drive. Follow these tips to ensure your Mazda will be ready to hit the road!
- Check fluid levels. This includes your engine oil, transmission fluid, gas, coolant, brake fluid and windshield wiper fluid.
- Check the connection for all hoses and belts.
- Check your tires. Make sure the tire pressure is good and check your treads to ensure you will be able to maintain enough traction on the road.
- Check the lighting. Make sure your headlights, taillights, and turn signals are all working, as well as the lighting inside your vehicle.
- Test out your windshield wipers and clean your windows.
- Make sure your brakes are working. If the brake pedal feels soft or you hear squealing when you push on the brakes, you need to get them checked out by a professional.
- Make sure your car battery is in good condition. Most people don’t think about their car battery until it goes bad, so getting it checked out to make sure it is still in good condition before you take off is important.
If you are unsure about any of these things, you can bring your Mazda in to Mazda of Lodi to get inspected by a service technician to ensure your Mazda will be ready for your trip! You can set up a service appointment online here or contact us for help!