How to Clean 2016 Mazda CX-9 Nappa Leather Seats
If you own the 2016 Mazda CX-9 Signature trim, then you know that the Nappa leather seats inside your vehicle really elevate the model to a whole new level of luxury and class. But like anything made out of natural material, they can be susceptible to wear and tear over long periods of time. This means you’ll need to know how to clean the 2016 Mazda CX-9 Nappa leather seats in order to keep them in tip-top condition throughout the length of your ownership.
Not only will you want to keep the leather seats in great condition for your own enjoyment, but you’ll also want to care for them in order to protect your CX-9’s resale value should you decide to pass it along in the future. Though many wrinkles and scratches can be natural, cleaning your seats can help you avoid unnecessary wear.
Tips for Cleaning Nappa Leather Seats
Thankfully, Mazda provides a number of tips and a guide for cleaning the leather seats in your CX-9, Nappa or otherwise. Broken down simply, you should be able to clean your seats in three easy steps:
- Use a vacuum cleaner to remove dirt from the seats. Be sure to get in the crevices.
- Using a soft cloth and a suitable cleaner, wipe down the seats. Be sure to only use cleaning products designed for your leather seats. If you want to know what products we would use, feel free to contact us.
- Take another clean cloth and wring it out with clean water. Use the cloth to wipe off any remaining cleaner or detergent. Then, take a clean, dry cloth to remove the moisture. Allow the seats to dry further in a well-ventilated, but shaded, area.
So, that’s the simple step-by-step guide. It’s not too hard, is it? In addition, there are a few tips you might want to know along the way in order to help you best take care of the CX-9’s genuine leather seats:
- Complete the above cleaning process roughly twice per year.
- When the seats come in contact with sand/dirt, oil, grease or anything containing alcohol, clean it off immediately.
- If your leather seats get wet, dry them off as soon as possible with a clean cloth.
- Avoid leaving the seats in contact with direct sunlight. Park in the shade or use a sunshade to protect the interior.
Should you have any questions about how to clean the 2016 Mazda CX-9 Nappa leather seats, or want us to take care of it for you, simply contact us here at Mazda of Lodi or schedule an appointment with our service department.