How to Jump Start a Mazda CX-5
Being stranded somewhere because of a dead car battery is a nightmare scenario for many drivers. That’s why it’s important to know how to jump start your vehicle. To help you out, we’ll show you how to jump start a Mazda CX-5 so that you can get back on the road.
The instructions here are for the 2016 model year, though CX-5’s from other model years likely will have the same or similar instructions. Also, although this is specifically for the 2016 Mazda CX-5, this guide should be the same or similar for other Mazda models as well. Either way, be sure to consult your owner’s manual before attempting to jump start your Mazda.
Guide to Jump Starting Your Mazda
Before getting started, there are a couple points of safety to consider. First of all, don’t let any metal object make contact with either the positive or negative terminals. Also do not have any open flames or any embers at all anywhere near the battery. Lastly, if you have a frozen battery or one that is low on fluid, you should not try to jump start it.
You can start by removing the battery cover. When finding a proper car to jump start yours, you should make sure the battery is a 12V and make sure that its negative terminal is grounded. Make sure the two vehicles are not touching each other and that the engine is off for now. There should be no unnecessary electrical loads on either vehicle.
- Now, you can connect the jumper cables. Start by connecting one end of the cables to the positive terminal on your vehicle’s battery, or the discharged battery.
- Take the other end and attach it to the positive terminal on the battery that is boosting yours.
- Take one end of the other cable and attach it to the negative terminal on that same battery, the booster battery.
- Lastly, connect the other end of that cable to the ground point. You can see the ground point outlined in the illustration, but if you have questions, be sure to contact your local Mazda dealer or get assistance. Essentially, however, you are connecting the positive terminals of both batteries together, and then connecting the negative terminal of the booster battery to the grounded point.
- Finally, you can start the engine on the car that is jump starting yours. Allow it to run for a few minutes, and then, attempt to start your vehicle up.
After you’ve followed the steps above, you’ll need to remove the cable in the reverse order mentioned above. Also be sure you put the battery cover back on.
Now that you know how to jump start a Mazda CX-5, contact us if you have any questions or need assistance. After all, this can be dangerous business, so if you’re unsure about these instructions or unsure about what you’re doing, please do not hesitate to reach out to a qualified service technician or anyone else who you can trust with this.