Spring is finally here! The sun is staying out longer and it’s finally warming up, so it’s the perfect time to get out and enjoy the outdoors! Fortunately for residents near Lodi, NJ, the Bergen County area is within driving distance of a number of amazing and beautiful national parks! Before you hit the road for your road trip, take a look at our list of the top five national parks near Bergen County, NJ!
Road Trip Guide: Top Five National Parks and Monuments Near Bergen County, NJ
- Appalachian Trail National Scenic Trail – 307 miles (or about 5 hours) from Lodi
- The famous Appalachian Trail features 2,180 miles of public trail that features endless hiking and exploring opportunities across a number of states.
- Gateway National Recreation Area – 63 miles (or about 1.5 hours) from Lodi
- Gateway National Recreation Area features nearly 30,000 acres of land, featuring multiple geographic sites, including Sandy Hook, Jamaica Bay and Staten Island.
- Ellis Island – 24 miles (or about 1 hour) from Lodi
- Ellis Island is historic and inspiring, so if you haven’t made it here yet, you’ll have to visit. Located at the Statue of Liberty Monument, Ellis Island features a number of interactive exhibits highlighting the history of the location where nearly 12 million immigrants once passed through.
- Great Egg Harbor River – 134 miles (or about 2.5 hours) from Lodi
- The Great Egg Harbor River is one of the most important waterways out of the Atlantic Ocean, featuring 17 tributaries over the 129-mile length.
- Great Falls Park – 6.5 miles (or about 15 minutes) from Lodi
- Great Falls Park is nearly within walking distance from Lodi, so there’s no reason to miss it! Check out the nearly 80-foot waterfall on the Passaic River.
Mazda of Lodi is a proud member of the Bergen County community! Come down to visit us at 130 Rt. 46 E in Lodi, NJ and say “hi” to a member of our knowledgeable team. Remember Mazda of Lodi for all of your Mazda and service needs! Follow our blog for more Mazda news and information, as well as events and happenings around Bergen County, NJ!